If you are away this year why not do something useful whilst you’re on that sun lounger?!
What are the best Biz books you have read ?
Have you had any Ah ha moments?
I have and I’d like to share some of the best books around at the moment and some classics that just get better every time you dip into them.
Here are my top 10;
- Daring Greatly, Brené Brown – Dr Brené Brown challenges everything we think we know about vulnerability and dispels the widely accepted myth that it’s a weakness. Great to pick up ad put down in small doses. From a genuine people person, who’s Netflix Program is also worth a watch too.
- This is Marketing, Seth Corbin – A classic from a classic. This book teaches you how to identify your smallest viable audience; draw on the right signals and signs to position your offering; build trust and permission with your target market; speak to the narratives your audience tells themselves about status, affiliation, and dominance; spot opportunities to create and release tension; and give people the tools to achieve their goals. New ideas on an old subject. Too many to list. Worth reading twice so it sinks in!
- Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway: How to Turn Your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action, Susan Jeffers – What are you afraid of? Public speaking; asserting yourself; making decisions; dating; ending a relationship; failure; believing in yourself… you get the idea. I’m listening to this on Audio book at the moment and making lots of notes!
- Eat That Frog!: Get More Of The Important Things Done Today, Brian Tracey – Great for those of us prone to faffing and leaving the hard stuff to just before the deadline. There’s an old saying that if the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that it’s probably the worst thing you’ll do all day. Using ‘eat that frog’ as a metaphor for tackling the most challenging task of your day, first.
- Change your Words, Change your World, Andrea Gardener – loved this book when I first read it a few years ago and didn’t realise until recently that it was actually the first book I had read on Mindset. It’s a story of how Gardener overcame her difficult situation and how a change in Perspective is vital to our well being. I’ve read it 3 times now.
- The Miracle Morning: The 6 Habits That Will Transform Your Life Before 8AM, Hal Elrod – Everyone I was in on-line Groups with, was talking about being up at 5 or 6am and being so productive. I had been a ‘get up 5 mins before I had to get the youngest up for school’ kind of girl, so this sounded quite harsh. I’m still not up at 5 – but 6 most days and I. LOVE. IT. It’s the best thing. Read the book – find your Miracle Morning, be more productive, happier and organised.
- Emyth, Michael E. Gerber – Why up to 80% of Businesses fail – because you don’t build a business, you build a JOB. It’s about balancing the roles of the Entrepreneur (ideas maker) with the manager (organising and operations) and the technician (does the work). How to work efficiently ‘on’ and ‘in’ your Biz. It gets you to look at your vision and values and then work out which skills are missing from your skill set of how to run a business. You can then either learn how to do them, or hire someone to to it for you.
- Life Leverage:How to Get More Done in Less Time, Outsource Everything & Create Your Ideal Mobile Lifestyle, Rob Moore – Rob Moore offers us the ‘Life Leverage model’, to give us pretty much everything it says in the book title. I like Rob Moore – he is very wealthy, through working very smart.
- Start now get perfect later, (another by) Rob Moore – Quick Tips on why you shouldn’t hang around and just ‘Start now’ with your next Biz idea. Short but sharp cha1Easy to dip in and out of.
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life, Jen Sincero – Not one I’ve read yet but recommend and reading the cover info it’s; Practical, funny, implementable advice and stories that will help you understand why you are how you are, how to love what you can’t change, how to change what you don’t love, and how to be a badass all the time. On my list!