Does your Copy/Content spark joy, interest or desire?
These days you need to do more than just post Copy that’s interesting, useful or informative.
You need Content that covers many different ranges of emotion and uses a range of tactics.
I’ve done my research and when posting my own Content and advising clients, we look to create a rainbow effect and aim for the pot of gold.
The way I see it there are 5 main categories when it comes to content;
1. Informative; Interesting, Useful, Educational, Advice giving, Insightful
2. Feel good; Inspiring, Joy, Awe, Delight, Lust, Desire
3. Unease; Worry, Fear, Anxiety, Anger, Shock, Surprise, Wish wouldn’t happen
4. Community; Celebrates, Unites, Trust, Wish would happen
5. Call to Action; CTA’s that are not just ‘buy this,’ but get this free, go here next, would you like this …
Why have I put them in different colors? If you have a Content Plan – it’s a great way to see if you’re covering all bases.
If you can aim for the rainbow – you’re doing a great job.
When you have Content, Copy, Messaging (or whatever you want to call it), that covers all the above areas, you begin to be really useful, known as the expert and trusted by your Audience.
You’ve heard of the ‘Know, Like and Trust factor? It’s all part of the buyers journey and if they miss a bit – they probably won’t buy from you – soz!
When you take your Audience (or a ‘Lead’) along on a varied and interesting buying journey, (and they have a great Customer Experience or CX) by the end of the journey (when the Lead feels they’re ready) they should feel confident to buy from you and become your customers.
That’s great Content with added fab CX!
So, how’s your Content? Rainbow or not so much?